Tuesday, 31 May 2011

#2 Italeri 1:35 Tiger 1 Ausf. E

I am finding the parts go together ok. At the seams, I may need to use putty to fill in the gaps. Another first for me but will be good to see how it pans out. Here are a few more images of where I am so far. Painted the engine, just to get in some practise with paints, pigments and varnishes. Once this model is complete, the engine will be locked away, never to be seen again, so I will taking as many pictures as I can of it. The engine was primed with grey primer, then blackened with Tamiya XF-69 NATO Black acrylic paint. It was then sealed with clear gloss varnish. From there I applied an oil wash using 502 Abteilung Wash Brown thinned with turpentine. Then I used a mixture of Valejo and MIG rust effect paint and pigments. Finished off with a flat varnish. The metal look on top of the engine was created using Valejo Oily Steel. The remainder of the tank shall be primed once the side skirts are on. Still to build the turret...











2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,

    Very nice job on the Tiger...anymore updates? Also, please check out my blog at www.checkyoursixstudios.blogspot.com

    Cheers,

    John Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, just put the latest up.

    Thanks for looking.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete