Saturday, 11 June 2011

#3 Italeri 1:35 Tiger 1 Ausf. E

This Saturday evening I bring you the latest with this model. Been over a week since the last post...  I was away holidaying in sunny Cornwall! Got back today and couldn't wait to get my hands on this as I still managed to read the Armorama forum. Today I finished off gluing the spare tracks to the turret, primed the turret (primed the hull before I left for holiday), fitted the photo etched metal exhaust heat shields, painted the tank tracks with Tamiya NATO Black and tried a bit of preshading.  Also 'primed' the outer wheels with the remainder of paint I had left over in the airbrush.

I have to say the PE Heat shields were a right pain in the butt to fix to the rear of the tank. Tried both model cement and super glue. Got there in the end with super glue, but had to hold it in place with my fingers for almost 30 minutes. I've added a bullet hole to one of the PE heat shields by using a small drill bit. 

The areas I have preshaded, I hope to add a bit of depth to the initial paint scheme and also add some grains of sea salt to some of the black areas. The plan is, once the camo colours are applied, pick the grains of salt off to create a chipped paint effect. Will this work? I don't know! But worth a try anyway. Below are the latest images.









2 comments:

  1. Nice pics man, makes me want to start making models. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye I started off with the small dinky ones and have moved onto larger scale models. You should def do it. Start off with a 1:72 scale model and get used to putting them together and painting them. I started this blog basically to record everything I've done so far.

    ReplyDelete