Friday, 8 July 2011

#8 Italeri 1:35 Tiger 1 Ausf. E

Been a busy week this week with work, but still found some time to do more on the model. The salt grains that had been embedded earlier, I chipped them off with a toothpick which revealed the effect If was looking for.... chipped paint! I then sprayed clear gloss varnish all over the model to seal the original paint scheme in. Then I applied the decals (turret number and kreuz) before re-sealing everything with the gloss varnish. I left this to cure for a couple of days before I moved onto the oil wash stage. 

The other purpose of applying gloss varnish is that when an oil wash is applied, the wash easily runs all over the model using capillary action. The oil wash was made up from 502 Abteilung wash brown oil paint and essence of turpentine to thin it out. The ratio 20/80, which gave a nice flowing action when applied. I tried this method on the previous 1:72 Panther model I built and didnt come out very well as the mix was too viscous. This time I got it right. Hope you enjoy the pics....More to follow in the next few days.









No comments:

Post a Comment