Monday, 8 August 2011

#11 Italeri 1:35 Tiger 1 Ausf. E

The latest so far.....I feel I am still missing something. I am not sure whether to try and use Tamiya buff along the sides, front and rear for a further dust effect.

I used MIG Productions pigments for the rust and dust effects. Applied several layers to build up the areas of rust, from fresh to old. I also used a soft lead pencil to create bare metal. The pigments were applied and fixed using Essence of turpentine. I previously used Iso Propyl Alcohol (IPA) on my 1:72 Panther model but that attacked the paint! The essence of turps worked a treat as you can see. I still have to add soot on the exhaust mufflers and on the muzzle of the cannon. I may yet add a little more pigment to the tracks but we'll see....











 


No comments:

Post a Comment